Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mothers Day Cards

I am way ahead of the game this year on Mother's Day because I've already made both my mother and my mother in law a card!  Brownie points for me for not buying store bought cards when I'm capable of making homemade ones.  0:-) 

So I just recently made a $250 purchase over at Stamp TV because I love Gina K's products...well, at least I thought I would love them when I watch her videos.  I decided to use my new products for my mom's Mother's Day card and this is the result.  The printed paper is from Gina K's Wisteria Lane paper pack and the stamps came from the Gina K Botanicals stamp set.  I also used her 120lb base weight Pure Luxury card stock to mat everything on.


My mother in laws card is a bit different and I chose my copic colors based on my background paper.  The background paper is from I believe a KC & Company stack I bought and the stamp is a digital stamp that I can't remember where I got it from.  Lol!  I'm having a lot of fun with my new Copics and I hope my mother in law likes her card too!



As I color more and more stamps with my Copics, I need to keep in mind that I should make cards along the way.  So far, I've stocked up on images to color but haven't the faintest idea what kind of card I will make with them.  Maybe I'll have to plan a weekend in June at my mom's with her friend Pam so we can all make cards.  I'll have to commit NOT to color while I'm there and use it as a weekend to just make cards with the images I've colored.  Maybe this weekend I'll get some time to make a couple too.  Ooh, I still have another Father's Day card to make!  I'll post both of mine after I've completed them!


No comments:

Post a Comment