Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day is just around the corner and I'm so excited that I'm ahead of the game by having already made both my father's and my father in law's cards!  That NEVER happens.  Usually I am struggling at the last minute to get something thrown together and am, most of the time, disappointed in the results. 

My own dad's card was made with Gina K's "By The Sea" stamp set.  I love this set and it's the first one I've used of hers.  I also used the coordinating masculine color paper pack and the ribbon is from a bag of ribbon my mom gave me.  The light house is colored with Copic markers and the embellishments are from a container of embellishments I have so I couldn't say whose company they are from. Lol!


My father in laws card was made with most of my old paper and the embellishments and ribbon simply come from my bucket of embellishments and ribbon so who knows who made them.  :-P  The stamp is a digital one named Aubery Bumblethorpe and I found him online at Just Inklined.  He is colored with Copic markers and I totally love the humor in him.  I hope my father in law will appreciate it too.  He makes me snicker every time I look at him.  :o)


I am going to start taking some photos of my Copic coloring notebook that I've started keeping for those who like to color as much as me.  I have found that it really keeps all of my stamps, colored and not colored, organized.  I've also decided to put paper samples in it so I have something to refer to when I decide to color a stamp.  I learned pretty quick that it's really hard to match a colored stamp AFTER it's been colored with no regard to paper on hand.  It's much easier to know ahead of time what papers will be used for the final image.  Hoping that sharing some things I've learned as I go will help someone else in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment